Got your thinking caps on? As always, answers are posted below. Good luck!
1. What do the purple, green, and gold of Mardi Gras represent?
2. What does “Mardi Gras” mean?
3. When was the first recorded carnival celebration?
4. What is the significance of finding the baby in the king’s cake?
5. Approximately how man times has Mardi Gras been cancelled in New Orleans since it began officially in 1857?
Time’s up! Check your answers below:
1. Green represents faith, gold symbolizes power, and purple is justice.
2. Fat Tuesday
3. 1294 in Nice, France
4. It brings the person good luck for the year and the obligation to bring the cake to next year’s party.
5. 12, the last time was in 1945.