Who’s up for a little trivia? Answers will be down below.
1. What does Iwo Jima mean in Japanese?
2. What is a nightjar?
3. What is the longest word in the Oxford English Dictionary?
4. What celebrated chemist-inventor is credited with developing plywood?
5. In the days when British sailors were given lime or lemon juice to prevent scurvy, what were Dutch sailors given?
Pencils down! Answers below:
1. Sulfur Island
2. A nocturnal bird common to Europe and Asia, also called a goatsucker.
3. Floccinaucinihilipilifacation, which is defined as ‘the act or habit of estimating as worthless’.
4. Alfred Nobel
How did you do? Let me know in the comments! And join us next Tuesday for a new set of brain teasers!