Who’s up for a little trivia? Answers will be down below.
1. Which nut can be used to make dynamite?
2. In ancient Greece, throwing an apple at someone was a declaration of what?
3. The Vatican bank has the only ATM in the world that allows users to do what?
4. The U.S. 10,000$ bill was last printed in 1945 and is the largest denomination ever in public circulation; whose portrait appeared on it?
5. Why were batting averages ridiculously high back in 1887?
Pencils down! Answers below:
1. Peanut – peanut oil can be processed to produce glycerol, which can then be used to make nitroglycerine – an explosive liquid used in dynamite.
2. Love – in ancient Greece, throwing an apple to a woman was seen as a marriage proposal.
3. Perform transactions in Latin
4. Salmon P. Chase – Secretary of the Treasury
5. That was the only year when walks counted as hits.
How did you do? Let me know in the comments! And join us next Tuesday for a new set of brain teasers!